Updated 25 November 2020
Payments & Registrations
All purchases and bookings made via High Aspirations are subject to the following terms and conditions, in addition to any special conditions detailed on specific product or service pages. In the case of a conflict (where a specific product or service differs from general policy), specific terms apply. ‘Service’ refers to any available booking or registration, including yoga and meditation class terms, courses, programs, packages, one-on-one sessions, workshops, retreats and events. ‘Product’ refers to online recordings, vouchers and any other physical or digital merchandise.
Payment is due at the time of booking. Until you have paid, the booking is not confirmed and the place may be booked by another person.
Bookings for all classes and one-on-one sessions must be made by the person who is attending so correct details can be gathered. If you wish to gift someone a class or session, please purchase a gift voucher. If you wish to book an event as a group or with a friend, please ensure you contact us with the correct information.
Participation in classes, events and courses is not permitted without full payment.
Any variations made to bookings (not initiated by High Aspirations) will attract an admin fee of $20 or 5%, whichever is greater.
Unable to attend at all
If you have paid for your service and due to unforeseen circumstances you are unable to attend, you must contact High Aspirations at least 24 hours prior to the start time. A credit will be issued if the circumstances are deemed suitable at the discretion of High Aspirations. If you do not contact High Aspirations 24 hours prior, no credit will be offered.
Arriving late, leaving early or missing a class/session
If you have paid for your service and are for any reason only able to attend part of it, the full fee is still applicable. Partial credits are not available. No credits or refunds are given for missed classes in a term, course or program. No missed classes are carried over to another term. If vacancies exist, it may be possible to make up a missed class in another class within the same week of the missed class if 24 hours’ notice is given. We understand that things happen and we will try to accommodate you but it cannot be guaranteed.
In the case of High Aspirations cancelling a service and it not being rescheduled, your choice of a refund or a credit will be given equivalent to the value of the cancelled event (if one week’s class is cancelled, a refund or credit will be offered for the value of that week’s class). If the service is rescheduled and you do not wish to attend the new date/time, a refund or credit will be given.
Some High Aspirations events are classed as special events and have additional or variant terms and conditions. Special events include retreats, summits, multi-day events and any other activity where it is specified as a special event on the relevant webpage/documentation.
Special Event Payments
- Payments for special events may have specified due dates.
- If you do not pay by the due date specified on your invoice or by the payment schedule you are provided with, your booking will be cancelled and any deposit will be forfeited (if paid) or remain due.
- Six weeks’ notice is required for special event transfers. Transfer requests after this time may still be made but it is unlikely they can be accommodated unless you have someone already in mind. Any airfares, accommodations or other logistics not booked or covered by High Aspirations remain your responsibility.
- Deposits for special events are not refundable but may be transferrable.
Special Event Transfers
If there is a wait list, High Aspirations will offer your place to the wait list and if the offer is accepted, your transfer will be approved.
If there is no wait list, you may find someone by your arrangement to take your place, subject to approval by High Aspirations (such a transfer may be refused in the event your replacement is considered unfit/unsuitable for the event, has an outstanding account, or has been removed from a High Aspirations class/workshop/event in the past due to misconduct or failure to pay).
All transfers must be approved by High Aspirations. It is not permitted to send someone in your place without contacting High Aspirations. They may be refused attendance you will not be refunded or credited for any fees or invoices outstanding.
Refunds, exchanges or credits are not available for change of mind for any High Aspirations services or products.
A transfer of a service may be made to another person provided more than 24 hours’ notice is given, if there is a wait list or you find someone willing to take your place. Please be aware that special needs (eg dietary requirements) may not be accommodated at short notice.
In the case of a faulty or incorrectly supplied product, an exchange or refund will be offered depending on product availability. Faulty tangible goods must be returned to High Aspirations. Please contact us to arrange your return.
- All High Aspirations vouchers are individually numbered, registered and signed by a High Aspirations director. Any voucher missing a registration ID number and/or signature is not valid.
- The voucher expiry date will be written/printed on the voucher. Any voucher not redeemed on or before the expiry date will no longer be valid and may not be honoured without written confirmation from High Aspirations.
- Vouchers purchased as gifts will be valid for twelve months from the date of issue. The expiry date will be written/printed on the voucher and can be checked against the receipt date.
- Vouchers issued for any other reason (eg promotional purposes or sponsorships) will be valid for a period between three and twelve months from date of issue, determined at the discretion of High Aspirations.
- Vouchers that are valid for specific events, classes or programs that run to a timetable or other set of prescribed dates are only valid for the specified events set on or before the expiration date. For example, if a voucher for a Yoga Class expires on 31 December 2019, and the final class term (Term 4) finishes mid-December, the final use of that voucher is for the Term 4 class. Timetables and event dates are set at the discretion of High Aspirations and are subject to change.
- Vouchers cannot be used for partial attendance. A class term voucher cannot be split over multiple terms. Refunds will not be issued for missed classes/sessions or arriving late/leaving early at an event.
- Unless otherwise stated, vouchers are not valid for use in conjunction with other offers, discounts or specials.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash. In the case of a voucher being only partially used, a credit with High Aspirations may be issued, or a revised voucher for the balance with an expiration date will be presented. The decision to issue a credit or revised voucher is determined at the discretion of High Aspirations.
- Each voucher registration ID number can only be used once. Vouchers cannot be ‘reloaded’ or ‘topped up’ with additional funds. If a purchase exceeds the voucher amount, the balance will be invoiced to the person redeeming the voucher.
- Multiple gift vouchers may be used within a single transaction. Promotional and sponsorship vouchers may not.
- Normal terms and conditions, non-attendance and cancellation policies that apply to any product or service of High Aspirations will apply to the use of a voucher for that product or service.
- Purchase of a voucher implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
None of the information provided on this website is intended as personal medical advice and we recommend talking to your preferred health practitioner or contacting us to discuss whether or not our products and services are suitable for you.
When participating in online classes, it is important that you acknowledge that yoga is a very individual and personal journey, is non competitive and is unique to you.
By accessing an online class, you acknowledge that you are fit to take part in these classes and you take full responsibility for all your actions and will work within your own capabilities. If you are taking part in live streaming or online recordings you acknowledge that you have a safe environment to work in and the equipment you need to practice safely and comfortably.
You acknowledge that you have, if necessary, contacted Sarah to discuss any health issues that may affect your participation in all classes offered.
Privacy & Confidentiality
All interactions with High Aspirations including its website, products and services, and marketing activities are subject, where relevant, to the following policies, pursuant to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and GDPR requirements.
High Aspirations strives to provide the best possible experience for our clients. To do so we collect personal and medical information voluntarily on registration. This information is used to ensure every individual’s wellbeing, for marketing purposes, and to tailor our services to you. All personal data provided will be kept confidential and will not be shared with other organisations.
High Aspirations collects data from clients upon registration for a service. This information is volunteered by participants and is not collected in anyway without your knowledge. The data we collect falls under two categories:
- Personal information – data such as home address and contact information.
- Medical information – any previous medical issues that may affect how we tailor services to you.
High Aspirations collects personal information for a few reasons. The primary purpose is to contact you regarding services. High Aspirations may use your provided email address to send you promotional material for our services if you have opted in.
High Aspirations is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our clients. Your medical information allows us to tailor our services to best suit your needs.
High Aspirations takes the privacy of our clients very seriously. All personal data collected by High Aspirations is treated as confidential. As such, your data will not be shared or sold to other organisations. All data is stored securely to ensure the security of your personal information.
High Aspirations engages the services of third parties. These organisations provide a service on High Aspirations’ behalf, such as marketing campaigns and surveys. All third party services engaged by High Aspirations are required to have strict data protection and privacy policies in place and none of these services have access to High Aspirations data for their own uses. If you would like more information regarding our use of third parties, please contact us.
With your consent, we collect and store your relevant personal and medical information and session notes to provide you with the best possible service. Subject to Australian law, we keep this information confidential and dispose of it when we no longer need it. Session notes are kept for all one-on-one services, including brain wellness, transformational coaching, integrative psychology and yoga therapy.
What information do we collect?
As a client of High Aspirations, we may request your personal contact information, including next of kin. Depending on the service you are coming for, you may also be asked to provide information about your physical or mental health and lifestyle so we can provide the best possible service for you. Your therapist may keep notes regarding your sessions with them.
We will never collect information from you without your knowledge or consent.
In the course of any one-on-one type of session, you may discuss some issues of a deeply personal and private nature.
What you disclose in any therapeutic session is confidential by law.
Any such information will be kept private, between you and your therapist, unless you give express permission otherwise. Your therapist may produce written or verbal notes in the course of your treatment, which are for the express purpose of reviewing your progress and tailoring their services to you.
How do we collect and store your information?
We will collect your information verbally, in writing or via computer input. A recording device may be used in some cases, for example if you would like an audio file of a guided relaxation your therapist does with you. You will always be notified and asked for your consent before any audio or video recording takes place.
Your information is kept confidential and stored securely in paper or digital form for as long as we need it, after which it will be destroyed.
What about legal requirements?
There are some exceptions to the confidentiality laws where a therapist is legally required to disclose information to the appropriate authorities. These exceptions include:
- Suspected child, dependent adult or elder abuse. This will be reported to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. The therapist is required to notify the police.
- If a client intends to harm themselves. The therapist will make every effort to work with the individual to ensure their safety. However, if an individual continues to threaten themselves, authorities and/or other health professionals may be consulted.
Occasionally, a therapist may be subpoenated to provide information to a court of law.
If this is the case, High Aspirations will attempt to notify you, however we must comply with any legal requests and cannot seek your prior consent in this instance. If you are concerned about the information being disclosed, you can raise your objections directly with the relevant court. A therapist cannot refuse to provide legally requested information on your behalf.
Everyone is capable of true transformation, and sometimes this makes an inspiring story that will help another still struggling to meet their dreams. Or it may be that certain information collected from therapeutic sessions can contribute to research on the frontier of mind-body medicine. Regardless of the reason, High Aspirations will never share your information for any such purpose without your express permission. It will be your choice to participate, and to what extent.
You may opt into our marketing activities via online subscription forms that you fill out or by advising High Aspirations that you would like to opt in when providing your contact details. If you wish to unsubscribe from email marketing, this can be done via the ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of every promotional email.
It is your responsibility to ensure you keep your information updated, especially in regard to health information that may affect how we deliver services to you.