An unmissable retreat: Winter Solstice, New Moon & Solar Eclipse align for 2020
The Winter Solstice of 2020 is a truly special event: a trinity of astronomical occurrences that will open the way for us to reach the universe within and find true healing and joyful expression for our souls. It all happens on Sunday 21 June 2020. There’s never been a better time for a retreat. This weekend marks the southern hemisphere’s Yule celebration, a time for acknowledging the mother energy in all of us and the process of birthing. It is a time to reflect on our relationships with mothers and as mothers, whether in the literal sense or figurative – you don’t have to be female to connect with the mother energy. When you birth an idea or career or project, you engage the creative mother archetype. We all have something to be grateful for. We all have something to heal.
Join yoga therapist Sarah Collin and author Kel Fox for a weekend of yule-inspired magic: the magic of finding the bliss in your heart with yoga and journalling to connect with the wisdom of your Higher Self and your inner mother.
There’s more: Sunday 21 June is also International Yoga Day! If you put just one weekend into your yoga practice in 2020, this weekend has to be it.
A complete package
The Yoga Journals Winter Solstice retreat is all-inclusive: accommodation, catering and all activities are included with your booking.
- Accommodation at the gorgeous Anapana Ridge in Lesmurdie
- Vegetarian catering featuring from-scratch homemade meals and wholefood baked goods from Strange Grains Gluten Free Bakery
- Organic Valley Tea available throughout, including our custom blend “Awaken Your Heart Song” hibiscus chai
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Yoga to open your heart to the messages of Mother Earth and awaken your intuition
- Meditation to connect you to your inner harmony
- Writing for healing
- Relaxation sessions using sound for deep rest and rejuvenation
- Journalling to connect with and channel your Higher Self
- Group meditation with planetary focus
- Gratitude writing
- Fire/candle ceremony
Please note that absolutely no experience or skill as a professional or creative writer is required; all you need to be able to do is sit and engage in handwritten exercises. This is a retreat for personal journalling only and is not in any way a literary event. At no point will you be required to share your writings. It will be a safe space for you to explore the process and joy that comes from journalling.
No yoga or meditation experience is required either. Sarah’s style of teaching caters to all levels, from beginners through to experienced practitioners, and to all levels of fitness and flexibility. However you are, right now, is how you need to be for this retreat!
Pricing & Registration
Early Bird Twin Share: $649 per person (save $50), closes 31 December 2019
Early Bird Single Room: $749 per person, closes 31 December 2019
Full Rate Twin Share: $699 per person, closes 27 March 2020
Full Rate Single Room: $799 per person, closes 27 March 2020
Yoga Equipment Hire: $35 per person for the weekend
Includes: two nights’ accommodation at Anapana Ridge in the Perth Hills (Friday 19 & Saturday 20 June), all meals including morning and afternoon tea from Friday dinner through to Sunday afternoon tea inclusive, all classes, workshops and activities, materials required for activities (notebooks, pens, candles etc) and a welcome pack.
We are releasing a limited number of single rooms but we may be able to add more depending on bookings. If you would prefer a single room but there is no option to book one online, please contact us regarding availability. If you are attending with a friend or partner, we will happily arrange room allocations so you can share. It is not necessary to register together in this case.
No yoga experience is required to attend this retreat, however you will need to provide your own yoga gear. If you are new to yoga and do not have the required equipment (mat, bolster, blanket, strap), it is available for hire.
A transferable, non-refundable deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking. Upon registration, please select whether you wish to pay in full or deposit now and balance by the due date (1 May 2020). If the balance is not paid by the due date, your spot will be released and your deposit forfeited. Please see the High Aspirations Payment Policy for further terms and conditions. Payment plans are available.
The activities listed on this page and in other promotions of this event are a reflection of the planned program, however it is subject to minor variations.
By registering to attend this retreat, you agree to the following:
- Everyone on retreat is to treat each other with respect and courtesy.
- The energetic work enabled by this program can sometimes bring up unexpected emotions. Please be willing to embrace this process should it be you, and be respectful of others’ space if they are going through their own process. Even if you are a practitioner, it is not appropriate to approach someone in that capacity, or to offer them treatment. Offer friendly support only if you are invited to do so. Treatments for payment or promotional favours are not permitted under any circumstances. If someone is struggling, a facilitator will ensure their needs are met.
- Part of yogic philosophy is that of contributing and taking care of yourself and your own impact. As we are all sharing a space and the venue is not staffed throughout, you are asked to please clean up after yourself during the event, including washing your own dishes after meals and leaving your space in the yoga room tidy to prevent trip hazards.
- Please understand that anyone not following these rules and any other reasonable requests made by the venue owners or event facilitators may be asked to leave the retreat without refund.