Meditation ClassRegister for a term of weekly online meditation classes
Meditation Deep Retreat
This mini-retreat morning is an opportunity to go deep within and connect to your true heart space.
“By the practice of meditation you will find that you are carrying within your heart a portable paradise.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
To go beyond the chatter of the mind and explore our true nature, the true essence of who we are when we peel away the layers and labels we take on in everyday life.
Meditation is a process and Sarah will take you on a journey that incorporates:
- Gentle, effective movements to release tension from the body
- Breathing techniques to switch on the relaxation response and calm the mind
- Concentration exercises to train your mind and bring you into the present moment with full awareness
You will be guided through a number of meditation techniques that will empower you to take charge of your mind, enabling balance and inner calm and giving you tools to use in everyday life.
These are life-changing techniques that don’t rely on technology or the latest gadget to take you to a quiet place. Once you have learnt these practices they are yours for life and available to you at all times.
Click on the ‘Book Now’ tab to the right to register for any of the available meditation options.
The weekly meditation classes are designed for those who want to establish a regular, structured practice and share it with like-minded people. Sarah will guide you on your meditative journey and offer support to help you achieve inner balance. The weekly class is aimed at those who have completed the Beginner Course (see below) or have some meditation experience. If you are not sure whether this class is for you, come along to one of the Deep Retreats first or book a private session with Sarah to catch up.
Meditation Deep Retreat
A two-hour meditation experience that helps you retreat and restore as you give yourself the gift of time out for yourself. This is usually run on a Saturday morning from 10am to 12pm and concludes with organic tea and gluten free treats to reground before you set off to enjoy the rest of your weekend. Deep Retreat is not a workshop style but more an experience of gentle movement, deep relaxation, breathing practices and guided meditation. Suitable for all levels.
This is a course for total beginners who want to learn how to meditate. These courses now run in a private studio space in Australind and are limited to only seven people so you are getting a very personal learning experience. In this six-week course you will learn:
- How to re-balance your energy with the prana kriyas (potent breathing and movement techniques that transform)
- The art of deep relaxation
- How to park your body for your personal optimal sitting position either in a chair or on the floor
- A variety of concentration techniques
- How to connect with your heart and create heart coherence
- Powerful breathing techniques
Comprehensive handouts and recordings are included so you have the resources to continue your practices in your daily life. Each session concludes with the opportunity to share in a cup of tea and chocolate.
Please click on ‘Book Now’ to the right and scroll down to view dates and register for this course.
Once you’ve established a routine with what you have learnt in the beginner course and you are comfortable with the breathing techniques taught in that course, you may like to move on to deeper, more challenging practices. In the intermediate course, you will:
- Deepen your experience of the prana kriyas
- Learn more advanced breathing techniques such as the Three Fold Breath
- Deepen your understanding of the koshas, the energy layers of our being, enabling you to manage your energy input and output
- Learn the powerful Shanti Prana Dru Meditation practice
At this level you begin to sit for longer periods of time with less guidance and visualisation instruction, allowing you to spend longer in the still point and feel deeper effects.
The next intermediate course will run on demand. Please get in touch if you would like to register your interest.
“I recommend the meditation course to anyone who wants more peace and calm in their daily life … I feel so much more energised and ready for the day.” — Lorraine
What to bring/wear to your meditation class:
- Water bottle
- Mat if you prefer to use your own, or a towel to place over the studio mat is nice
- Meditation cushion if you prefer to use your own
- Comfortable clothes that don’t restrict your movement
The HA Studio is fully equipped with everything you need but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you prefer.